Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Vision

A few questions as we near the end of one year and get ready to begin another:

Where does vision come from? Why do some people seem to have it while others don’t? What takes vision beyond dreaming to action?

While I don’t claim to have the definitive answer these questions, I do think I have a clue. One thing, which always seems to accompany true vision, is desire…a strong desire to see things change for the better; a desire so compelling that those who possess it can’t help but do something to make a difference!

As the Pastor of River City Community Church, I have a question. What do we desire to see God do through RCCC this next year? An even bigger question might be “What are we willing to do to see God accomplish His vision through us…what are we willing to change?” That’s right. I said “change,” because vision is all about changing from what is to what can be. This is where we lose quite a few people. Many of us have learned to be comfortable where we are, and we’re afraid of change.

I hate to burst your bubble, but God is not done with River City Community Church! His vision is not for us to coast comfortably into eternity! There are hundreds of thousands of people within a 30-minute drive who desperately need the love of God in their lives, and He wants us to go after them. That’s exciting! But, one look around will illustrate that making room for hundreds, even thousands, of new, transformed lives will require serious change! Are we willing? Is our desire to see real life change in the people of our community great enough to drive us to change?

This is the question that we’ll have to wrestle with in the upcoming months. Please, join me in praying that God’s vision capture us all! May we be willing to do whatever it takes to follow Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the challenge. I always find that after an intense season of change/growth, I feel like the slow life isn't so bad. It never fails though, soon enough I'm ready to get moving again.

God's doing great things. I'm ready for what's ahead! Let's go!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the challenge. I always find that after an intense season of change/growth, I feel like the slow life isn't so bad. It never fails though, soon enough I'm ready to get moving again.

God's doing great things. I'm ready for what's ahead! Let's go!

Anonymous said...

I THINK WHATS ABOUT TO HAPPEN WITH RIVER CITY WILL BE SO AWSOME TO SEE..I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEE GOD WORK HIS POWERS....IM GLAD ILL GET TO BE PART OF THE CHURCH GROWING......IVE INVITED FREINDS ANDD FAMILY TO ATTEND CHURCH AND THEY LOVE IT U BRING A GOOD MESSAGE FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND....THAT GOD ISNT SO BAD TO GET TO KNOW HE IS AN AWSOME GOD...ONCE A GAIN THANKS