Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter evening

This has been a tiring day...a good day, but a tiring day. For a minister, Easter is "big game time." I get to talk to people I may not see until next year this time about the most important event in human history...the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I get to tell them that resurrection means they don't have to go it alone...He desires to walk with us. I get to tell them they don't have to do it in their own strength, because His strength is available. I get to remind us all that resurrection means all things are possible. Our greatest fear, the fear of death, has no teeth because death has been conquered!

Then I get to challenge every one of us to stop living like the resurrection either never happened or is simply a religious story. I get to challenge us to rethink our lives in light of the reality of resurrection. Consider yourself challenged!

No comments: