Friday, August 01, 2008

Wow! What a month July was!

River City Community Church had an amazing VBS! We saw God work in the lives of hundreds of kids as well as all those who served. It is always a great opportunity to serve our community as well as meet many new friends.

Leaders from RCCC led a couple of missions teams from sister churches into Mexico as well as on an inner-city, San Antonio trip. We also sent out a team of our youth who went to the valley to serve. Short term missions is always a double blessing as both giver and recipient of ministry see God's grace and experience His presence in new ways!

Our first Royal Family Kid’s Camp was an incredible success! 36 amazing foster children were shown the love of Jesus by more than 40 servants from River City Community church. I can’t tell you how impacted we all were. I truly believe that this will serve as a springboard to all kinds of other ministries to those in need.

Jody Bayless and Tom Villa were two of our outstanding volunteers!



After Royal family, Lauri and I went to pick up our kids who were staying with my brother and his family in Santa Barbara, CA. Tough duty…but someone had to do it. Santa Barbara happens to be one of my favorite places in the country. With the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other it is a truly beautiful place. We had a great time before heading home.


We serve a truly awesome God! I look forward to what He has in store for August!

2 comments:

Jason Powers said...

Welcome home! Can I borrow your brothers house in Santa Barbara? And can I have a week off?

What?

Jason Powers said...

Stop ignoring me.

signed,
Your Blog